[MITgcm-support] Sea surface height problem

Jody Klymak jklymak at uvic.ca
Thu Aug 6 13:18:44 EDT 2015

> On Aug 6, 2015, at  10:05 AM, kaveh Purkiani <kavehpurkiani at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> OBCSfixTopo=.FALSE.,
>  OB_Jnorth= 100*0,
>  OB_Jsouth = 100*0,
>  OB_Ieast = 1*0,98*100,1*0, (98 cells are considered as open boundary)
                    ^^^^  Not sure, but could this be your problem?
>  OB_Iwest = 1*0,98*1,1*0,
>  useOBCSprescribe = .TRUE.,
>  OBWuFile   = 'OBU.bin',
>  OBEuFile    = 'OBEU.bin ‘,

You also need to make sure OBU and OBEU.bin are written in the right order!  Not sure Ny,Nz,time is correct.  Off the top of my head I’d have though Nz,Ny,time, but I could be misremembering.

Also, have you set externForcingPeriod and externForcingCycle to the right values in “data”?

Cheers,   Jody