[MITgcm-support] user-defined diagnostic filled with zeros

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Wed Aug 5 15:37:24 EDT 2015

Hi Alexandre,

I don't see any problem in the modifications you describe here.
Are you sure that the CPP-option "CAR_DISS" is #define in your DIC_OPTIONS.h
(since in the default option file, i.e, pkg/dic/DIC_OPTIONS.h, it is #undef) ?

Might be safer to move the call to DIAGNOSTICS_FILL you added
just after the ENDIF following CALCITE_SATURATION, within the
#ifdef CAR_DISS ... #endif bloc
so that this new diagnostics would be filled up only when CAR_DISS is defined.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel