[MITgcm-support] problem of open boundary

Tongya Liu liutongya13 at mails.ucas.ac.cn
Sat Apr 11 01:20:42 EDT 2015

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply! I have found the reason. It is the climsssTauRelax and climsstTauRelax that cause the problem. I set the two parameters equal to 1 day before, then there is strange flow aruond the boundary. But If set them to 1 month, the flow is normal. I guess that the interpolation causes the conflict.

I have another question. In my model, the width of western boundary current(Kuroshio) is narrow. I wonder which variables influence the width of western boundary current.

Any advice is highly appreciated!

Tongya Liu