[MITgcm-support] southern ocean surface current

Siddhartha Chatterjee sidchat2909 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 08:57:18 EDT 2014

Dear all,

I am running MITgcm in the region [7E-80E;45S-72S] with sea-ice
package at a horizontal resolution 25km to simulate the southern ocean
state variables....But unfortunately, the surface current is not
coming properly and it is not so strong to capture ACC whenever
comparing it with SOSE ....However SST,SSS are also not simulated by
the model upto expectation ...here I am attaching my data.seaice
configuration....Can anybody suggest me how I can overcome this
problem?

thanks and regards
siddharth