[MITgcm-support] OBCS errors in OB location vs Mask

刘成彦 killy at nuist.edu.cn
Sat Sep 13 02:20:04 EDT 2014

Dear all

 I am trying to set up a regional experiment with OBCS in the Prydz Bay. We have three open boundaries in the eastern, western and northern edges, respectively. However, I have encountered a problem. The report from STDERR.0000 is in the follows:
*** ERROR *** OBCS_CHECK:   742 errors in OB location vs Mask
*** ERROR *** S/R ALL_PROC_DIE: ending the run
First of all, I think there should be something wrong in my namelistfile of data.obcs as follows:
&OBCS_PARM01
 OB_Jnorth =   640*1,
 OB_Jsouth =   640*0,
 OB_Iwest  =   640*1,
 OB_Ieast  =   640*1,
After reading discussions in former emails, I realize that the setting of the OB_Jnorth and OB_Ieast should be changed with:
&OBCS_PARM01
 OB_Jnorth =   640*-1,
 OB_Jsouth =   640*0,
 OB_Iwest  =   640*1,
 OB_Ieast  =   640*-1,
Again, I submit this mission. At this time, I have encountered the same problem, but with a small difference!
The message in STDERR.0000 is
*** ERROR *** OBCS_CHECK:   222 errors in OB location vs Mask
*** ERROR *** S/R ALL_PROC_DIE: ending the run
742 errors becomes 222 errors may imply that there is something related in my modification in OB_Jnorth and OB_Ieast.
By reading the information of STDOUT.0000, the model has been manipulate at the following step:
OBCS_CHECK: end summary.
OBCS_CHECK: set-up OK

So, does anyone have encounter the similar problems as I did, any response will be great help to me!

Thank you for your considerations!

Dr. Chengyan Liu
Nanjing University of Information
Science & Technology