[MITgcm-support] adding diagnostics into NetCDF files

Jonny Williams Jonny.Williams at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Sep 12 11:20:14 EDT 2014

Hi there

I am running a model at the moment with the MNC and DIC packages (amongst
others) and wish to add the DICPCO2 diagnostic to my output.

Even though I have been using the MITgcm for a year or so, I have never
actually had to alter the default output options so I'm not really sure
where to start on this. Currently, I am getting a ptracers.nc output file
which contains dic, alk, dop, po4 and o2 and these variables are presumably
defined in a list somewhere which I need to add DICPCO2 to?

I have the diagnostics package tuned on but my data.diagnostics file does
not contain any of the outputs I am actually getting.

Does anyone know where I could look for guidance on this? I have looked
through the manual and can't find anything definitive.

Thank you very much

Jonny

--
Dr Jonny Williams