[MITgcm-support] tidal forcing and wind forcing

Menemenlis, Dimitris (329D) Dimitris.Menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Sep 7 09:24:52 EDT 2014

Dear Himansu, if you are studying a regional tidal problem, the lateral tidal
boundary conditions cannot (usually) be neglected.

For external tides, the lateral forcing is constant at every depth, so you don't need to provide
a different velocity forcing at every level.

There is code available where you only specify tidal amplitude and phase at each boundary
point for each tidal component that you want to consider.

Examples are here:
MITgcm/verification/seaice_obcs/input.tides
http://mitgcm.org/viewvc/MITgcm/MITgcm_contrib/tides/

Regards, Dimitris