[MITgcm-support] OBCS_PRESCRIBE_READ

squerin squerin at ogs.trieste.it
Tue Oct 7 18:54:18 EDT 2014

Hi Sonya,

I think that the easiest way to prescribe constant forcing is to generate 4
files with two identical records in each one (i.e., the values of T, S, U
and V you want to impose) and a "repeat period" equal to the length of your
simulation. The model will interpolate in time between two identical values
(one at the beginning, one at the end of the run), so you will get constant
forcing throughout your simulation.

For example, if you want constant forcing on the northern boundary starting
01 jan 2014 for a one-year run, just set in your data.exf namelist:

 &EXF_NML_OBCS
 obcsNstartdate1=20140101,
 obcsNstartdate2=000000,
 obcsNperiod=31536000.0,

Maybe there are more "elegant" ways to do the job, but this should work
(and you won't have to modify the source code)...

Cheers!

Stefano