[MITgcm-support] openad/genmake2 configuration files -- any documentation?

Daniel Goldberg dngoldberg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 15:18:27 EDT 2014

Hello all

I was just wondering if there is any sort of documentation floating around
for the dontTransform,  dontCompile, keepOriginal and code_ad_diff.list
files to be read by genmake2 when using MITgcm?

For instance -- I am trying to build an instance in which I ignore a
certain s/r because I am not calling it, and if it is compiled there will
be compilation errors since it is not (or should not be) transformed.

1) The *.f file corresponding to the s/r is in the [package]_ad_diff.list
file, which OpenAD apparently reads -- but is this necessary for
transformation, as for TAF?

2) I put the subroutine name in the dontTransform and dontCompile files,
but this does not seem to override anything. The only way I can avoid
transformation and/or compilation is by deleting the file name from the
[package]_ad_diff.list file.

3) i am not sure whether I additionally need to put the s/r name
in dontTransform and dontCompile. But I would think that doing this should
override its presence in the [package]_ad_diff.list file?!?

Sorry if this is not clear -- happy to clarify.

Dan

--

Daniel Goldberg, PhD
Lecturer in Glaciology