[MITgcm-support] OBCS prescribed temperature

David Hebert david.hebert at nrlssc.navy.mil
Wed May 21 16:34:40 EDT 2014

I am simulating a zonal channel using OBCW on the N/S boundaries. I am
prescribing Temperature on the boundaries and using sponge layer. The
channel has two bumps on the edges as seen in the N/S plot shown below.
In this plot it appears that the 1st column has temperature that goes
all the way to the bottom, but not the last column. The bathymetry
should extend all the way to the boundary. Is caused because I use a
full column to apply the temperature on the boundary? Then why doesn't
is show up on the other boundary? Or is this just a plotting artifact
due to the location of T on the cell centers? Thank you for your help.

David