[MITgcm-support] look up table of MITgcm run speeds

Jonny Williams Jonny.Williams at bristol.ac.uk
Tue May 20 07:07:49 EDT 2014

Hi there

With regard to my most recent thread on here (*run speed unaffected by
timestep, 'deltaT'*) I was asking about the increased in run speed when
reducing the timestep. I've received some very useful replies so firstly,
thank you very much for all of those!

It got me to thinking though whether or not some kind of look-up table
already existed for the MITgcm concerning relationships between run speed
and

   1. timestep?
   2. output frequency?
   3. number of processors?

Does this type of table exist already for any generic setups, or better
still, those using the EXF and OBCS packages? I imagine this type of
information would be of general interest?

Thanks again!

Jonny

--
Dr Jonny Williams