[MITgcm-support] nonhydrostatic convection advice?

S. Bachman sb965 at cam.ac.uk
Wed May 14 03:56:46 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I'd like to run some simulations of non hydrostatic convection (forced
by surface heat loss) at small scales (dx ~ dz ~ 1 m) without KPP or
convective adjustment.  Before I begin I'd like to ask the community if
anyone has any tips or warnings about trying something like this?   I
had heard offhand that MITgcm might have trouble in this kind of flow
regime, so I thought I would ask around to see if anyone has experience
with this?

Thanks for any help,
Scott