[MITgcm-support] reducing the size of STDOUT files etc

Jonny Williams Jonny.Williams at bristol.ac.uk
Mon May 12 07:58:35 EDT 2014

Hi there

I am trying to reduce the size of the output from my model because I am
running on a very large number of processors and all the STDOUT* files (for
example) are taking up too much space.

I've followed the instructions on this MITgcm support page...

http://mitgcm.org/pipermail/mitgcm-support/2009-April/006013.html

... but I am still getting a STDOUT file for every processor (>1000) which
is killing my disk space allowance! Is there something that I've missed? I
thought that running with *useSingleCpuIO=.TRUE.* should mean that I only
get 1 STDOUT file? I've attached my *data* file in case anyone has any
ideas as to what is going wrong?!

Many thanks for your help.

Jonny

--