[MITgcm-support] building on yellowstone

Neil Patel nigellius at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 19:03:52 EDT 2014

Thanks. I got two errors when I attempted to build mitgcm using the build options files linked. The first is this:

EESUPPORT.h:175: error: mpif.h: No such file or directory

Perhaps I don't have the mpi module loaded correctly? These are the modules I have loaded (default ones, I think).

  1) ncarenv/1.0
  2) ncarbinlibs/1.0
  3) intel/12.1.5
  4) ncarcompilers/1.0
  5) netcdf/4.3.0

Afterwards, make crashes with this, possibly related to the first error.

Cannot disable Fortran error message 6404
all_proc_die.f(961): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.   [MPI_SUCCESS]
         IF ( mpiRC .NE. MPI_SUCCESS ) THEN
mpif90 -W0 -WB -fPIC -convert big_endian -assume byterecl -align -march=corei7 -axAVX  -O2 -ip -fp-model precise -traceback -ftz -c bar2.f
compilation aborted for all_proc_die.f (code 1)

Anyone have an idea what the cause might be?

Thanks,

Neil