[MITgcm-support] rbcs advice

Jody Klymak jklymak at uvic.ca
Tue Mar 11 10:26:26 EDT 2014

Hi Martin,

On Mar 11, 2014, at  0:59 AM, Martin Losch <Martin.Losch at awi.de> wrote:

> are you going to implement that for yourself? You probably have already. If so, you can send me the modified files, and I’ll check them in.

I tried, but I guess I don't understand how to use namelists because the change didn't do anything.  Hard coding the time offset into obcs_fields_load.F did work. I must admit my FORTRAN skills are not what they should be...

> In fact, the obcs package can use the exf-package, which already has all of this functionality. The exf-package is more complicated to use at first, but once you get your head around it, it’s much more flexible than the default way of reading forcing and obcs fields and should be the preferred way of reading forcing fields. When I think about it, rather than adding a new flag to obcs I should add the exf-capability to rbcs … that’s a little more involved, I am afraid.

OK, I'll look at exf and how it works with obcs.  I didn't know exf and obcs could play together.

Thanks,   Jody