[MITgcm-support] rbcs advice

Menemenlis, Dimitris (3248) Dimitris.Menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 4 10:51:34 EST 2014

Ah get it.  One last suggestion.  Probably also not useful for your problem, but just in case.

Chris, Gael, Ayan, and I have set-up and integrated a 1-48th global simulation that includes tidal forcing.
We save hourly output of full 3D U/V/T/S/Eta, so these could be used as boundary conditions for
"replaying" some small portions of domain.  You would not need sponge layer because the hourly
obcs boundary conditions would naturally take care of most radiation issues.