[MITgcm-support] Can I find the code of the N-S equations?

Jody Klymak jklymak at uvic.ca
Sun Mar 2 11:43:54 EST 2014

Dear Jing,

Suggest you start with the manual that is available online.  The NS equations are detailed in there.

WRT to the eKdV equations, no, you cannot simplify the physics of the MITgcm in this way.  I would think it would be far easier to simply write your own code for this.  The eKdV is just one-D isn't it?  I'd just solve it in Matlab or similar.  There are a lot of examples on the web.

The MITgcm would be useful as a primitive equation test of your eKdV solver.  But then you need to be sure to use non hydrostatic and high enough horizontal resolution (see Vistouek and Fringer).

Cheers,   Jody