[MITgcm-support] Wind-driven buoyancy flux (WDBF) in KPP

Dimitris Menemenlis dmenemenlis at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 19:48:02 EDT 2014

Liam, I copy your message to Mar Flexas Sbert and Andy Thompson, as they have
also expressed interest in studying wind-driven mixing near fronts using MITgcm.

Honestly, I had not realized that KPP is not set-up to deal with dense water in the
surface level.  What about the local Richardson number term in Ri_iwmix?
Is this not sufficient?

Dimitris