[MITgcm-support] cubeSphereExchange and MPI error?

Anthony J. Coletti ajcolett at geo.umass.edu
Mon Jul 7 22:25:11 EDT 2014

Hi Jean-Michel,

Apologies for the vague explanations...

What I should have said was when I submit my batch script to the
computer, it runs for about 5-6 seconds and crashes and this is the
error I encountered while trying to run a 32x6x32x15 configuration.
Ironically, my packages.conf includes exch2 and I do believe it compiles
with exch2.

Here is my packages.conf file:

cal
gfd
gmredi
bulk_force
thsice
seaice
exf
exch2
diagnostics
mdsio

Recently, I have encountered another error that you may be able to shed
some light on (it is below):

(PID.TID 0000.0001) *** ERROR *** EESET_PARMS: Error reading parameter
file "eedata"
(PID.TID 0000.0001) *** ERROR *** EEDIE: earlier error in
multi-proc/thread setting
(PID.TID 0000.0001) *** ERROR *** PROGRAM MAIN: ends with fatal Error

I encounter this in the global_ocean.cs32x15 tutorial using the
SIZE.h_mpi that comes with the run (no changes made).  I also encounter
the same error when trying to initiate my 32x6x32x15 model runs.  I
haven't had this problem in the past and I am using the same set-up.

This is my eedata file regarding the error:

  &EEPARMS
  #useCubedSphereExchange=.TRUE.,
  #usingMPI=.TRUE., (specified with ' -mpi' when compiling)
  nTx=1,
  nTy=1,
  &

Thanks for your advice Jean-Michel.  Much appreciated!  If there is
anything else you need from me, please let me know.

Anthony