[MITgcm-support] eeset_parms.f and permissions error

Anthony Coletti ajcolett at geo.umass.edu
Thu Jul 3 12:33:34 EDT 2014

Hi Jody,

Thank you very much for your suggestion!

I think I fixed that part of the issue.  I made a /tmp/ directory in my home directory and set

export TMPDIR=~/tmp/

Once I try to run, I get this error:

STOP ABNORMAL END: S/R INI_THREADING_ENVIRONMENT

I’m assuming it has something to do with MPI.  My  SIZE.h file looks like this:

&           sNx =   4,
     &           sNy =   4,
     &           OLx =   4,
     &           OLy =   4,
     &           nSx =   6,
     &           nSy =   1,
     &           nPx =   8,
     &           nPy =   8,
     &           Nx  = sNx*nSx*nPx,
     &           Ny  = sNy*nSy*nPy,
     &           Nr  =  15)
 I am running a 32x32x15 grid.  Any suggestions on fixing this error or making my SIZE.h file more efficient?

Thank you!

Best,
Anthony

Anthony J. Coletti
Climate System Research Center
Department of Geosciences
Morrill Building
611 N. Pleasant Street
233 Morrill Science Center
University of Massachusetts-Amherst
paleoclimate.org
Email: ajcolett at geo.umass.edu
http://blogs.umass.edu/ajcolett/
http://necsc.umass.edu/people/anthony-coletti

“For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the  suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson