[MITgcm-support] flt pkg

Andreas Klocker andreas.klocker at anu.edu.au
Sun Jan 12 19:10:31 EST 2014

Hi Ewa,

I think the .meta files might only be written for tiles which actually
have float trajectories on them. The easiest way to check is to have a
look what size the output files are... But I wouldn't worry too much -
you don't need the .meta files to read float positions.

Andreas

On 12/01/14 04:12, Ewa Katarzyna Karczewska wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> Yes, mdsioLocalDir was set to '.'
>
> About the .meta files,
> For the output files float_trajectories[000-072].[000-010].data (72x10
> processors), the .meta files only appear for
> float_trajectories.xxx.005. and 006.data,
>
> No, I haven't change any of the default code.
>
> Thanks,
> Ewa
>

> On 11/01/14 16:28, Matthew Mazloff wrote:
>> Hi Ewa
>>
>> Regarding .000 directories, is this only for float diagnostic output
>> or for all output?
>> and make sure   mdsioLocalDir   is not set to anything in your data
>> file…if you have it set to
>>    mdsioLocalDir = '.',
>> that would explain what you are getting.
>>
>> Regarding .metas -- is it only some timesteps, or is it only some
>> types of output?
>>
>> Finally -- have you made any changes to the default code -- the
>> relevant routines would likely be
>> ini_model_io.F
>> mdsio_write_meta.F
>>
>> -Matt
>>

>> On Jan 11, 2014, at 7:59 AM, Ewa Katarzyna Karczewska
>> <ekk29 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I'm using the flt package in an offline run.
>>>
>>> I've noticed that the float_trajectories.xxx.xxx.data output files
>>> are put into the hidden
>>> subdirectories (.0xxx/ )in my /run folder. Why is that? Which setting
>>> should I change so that the subdirectories the output files are written
>>> to are not hidden?
>>>
>>> Also, I'm getting .meta files only for some of the output files
>>> (float_trajectories.xxx.xxx.data), can I change it?
>>>
>>> Please let me know if you need more detailed information on how I
>>> set my
>>> parameters etc.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Ewa

Dr. Andreas Klocker
Research Fellow

Center of Excellence for Climate System Science
&
Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Group
Research School of Earth Sciences
Room J7.221, Jaeger 7 Building