[MITgcm-support] Momentum Budget

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Mon Feb 10 16:16:50 EST 2014

Hi Christopher,

Just 2 remarks:
1) if your forcing includes Atmospheric pressure loading (=atmP_load),
 this contribution (= -gradient) needs to be added:
    -1/rhoConst * ( atmP_load(i) - atmP_load(i-1) ) / DXC
 and the same thing applies to seaice-loading:
    -gravity/rhoConst * ( sIceLoad(i) - sIceLoad(i-1) ) / DXC

 note that the fixed density to use is "rhoConst" and not "rhoConstFresh"

2) I think that at this level of the momentum budget decomposition,
 it should be valid for both the Flux-Form formulation and
 for the Vector-invariant formulation.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel