[MITgcm-support] problem with MNC pickup/restart

Jonny Williams Jonny.Williams at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Feb 10 10:52:23 EST 2014

Hi there

I'm trying to restart a run of mine but am persistently getting an error...

*(PID.TID 0000.0001) *** ERROR *** MNC_CW_RL_R: cannot open either a
per-face or a per-tile file: last try was 'pickup.0000054000.t001.nc
<http://pickup.0000054000.t001.nc>'*

This error originates from the *MNC_CW_READWRITE_RL.f* file.

I have changed the *niter0 *variable in the *data* file to 54000 to reflect
the change in start date of the run and have copied the relevant pickup
files to my run directory.

Does anyone have any insight as to what might be wrong here? I have used
restarts before but I cannot think what the source of this error might be!

Many thanks

Jonny Williams

--
Dr Jonny Williams