[MITgcm-support] CS64 grid

Anthony Coletti ajcolett at geo.umass.edu
Mon Feb 10 10:47:56 EST 2014

Thanks Dimitris!

One other question (I also CC’d the MITgcm community).  Does anyone have any idea why I am growing +200m thick sea ice in the Arctic?  I am using pkg/seaice.  I originally thought it may have been my time step blowing up, but I lowered it from 2 days down to 1 day and I still get crazy amounts of sea ice.  This creates r*starr calculation errors.  I am running a CS32x6x32x15 grid - so it is quite coarse.

Thanks!

Anthony

Anthony J. Coletti
Climate System Research Center
Department of Geosciences
Morrill Building
611 N. Pleasant Street
233 Morrill Science Center
University of Massachusetts-Amherst
paleoclimate.org
Email: ajcolett at geo.umass.edu
http://blogs.umass.edu/ajcolett/

“For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the  suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson