[MITgcm-support] LLC2160 sea-ice problem

Menemenlis, Dimitris (329D) Dimitris.Menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Dec 18 19:55:15 EST 2014

Dear Alex, I transfer your question to MITgcm support mailing list.
Maybe others can help.

The llc_2160 version that I use, including all input files and model parameters
are listed and described here:
http://mitgcm.org/viewvc/MITgcm/MITgcm_contrib/llc_hires/llc_2160/
That version and set of parameters runs fine for at least three years.

Are you trying to run the global llc_2160 simulation or did you
extract the Arctic region only?

What are you doing for boundary conditions?

For llc_270, instructions are here:
http://mitgcm.org/viewvc/MITgcm/MITgcm_contrib/llc_hires/llc_270/

It looks like you might have some surface forcing problem for your
ice to melt so quickly.  What surface boundary conditions are you using.

Regards, Dimitris