[MITgcm-support] Important inputs for Haswell

gael forget gforget at mit.edu
Fri Dec 5 14:30:20 EST 2014

Dear Allison,

the ECCO v4 llc90 setup would seem like a good fit. It is used for
global ocean state estimation, so it is important to the community.

I usually run it either on 24 or 96 cores. There is a short test
version that you can readily get (with inputs) using the script @
http://mitgcm.org/viewvc/*checkout*/MITgcm/MITgcm_contrib/gael/verification/setup_these_exps.csh?content-type=text%2Fplain
with directions on how to install and run it @
http://mitgcm.org/viewvc/*checkout*/MITgcm/MITgcm_contrib/gael/verification/README?revision=1.6

The short version is tested automatically, on 24 cores, in forward
and adjoint mode, on a daily basis, with results (‘glacier3') posted @
http://mitgcm.org/public/testing.html

I can send you directions on how to do long runs (which would
require a lot more input of course) at a later date if you want.

Cheers,
Gael