[MITgcm-support] EXF and Calendar Package

Nicolas Grisouard nicolas.grisouard at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 4 17:43:46 EDT 2014

Hi Andres,

Although I cannot help for the problem you're dealing with, I think you
might run into trouble later on with such spacings. I seem to remember
that two adjacent cell lengths could not differ by more than a factor
sqrt(2).

Please correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

Cheers,
Nico.

On 04/08/2014 14:15, Andres Fernandez wrote:
> Dear Dustin,
> I realized I had a comma missing in the list when copying you the delR
> declaration.  I have an irregular spacing declared as follows: So,
> thank you.
>
>  delR=   5.0,
>           5.0,
>           5.0,
>           5.0,
>           5.0,
>          5.0,
>           5.0,
>           5.0,
>           5.0,
>           5.0,
>          10.0,
>          10.0,
>         10.0,
>          10.0,
>          10.0,
>          10.0,
>          10.0,
>          10.0,
>          10.0,
>          10.0,
>          50.0,
>          50.0,
>          50.0,
>          50.0,
>          50.0,
>  &
>

> **  I do still get an error though!
>
>  forrtl: severe (24): end-of-file during read, unit 11, file
> .../fortzlTn72  line 8, position 0
> "" ... / fort5xkez2
> "" .../ fort2YWOn2fort5xkez2
> and a bunch more files..
>
> Unsure if you could assist with this error?
>
> @Jean- Michel, I have ran a couple models before and the struggle I
> have right now is with external forcing, I want to add precipitation
> and evaporation and I am not succeeding. I have not found any
> comprehensive information on the manual.
>

> *Andres Fernandez*
> Undergraduate Chemical Engineering
> New York University Abu Dhabi - 2015
> Mobile (USA): +1 646 717 2231
>
> *Think before printing. The environment is in our hands
>

> On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 3:58 PM, Dustin Carroll <dcarroll at uoregon.edu
> <mailto:dcarroll at uoregon.edu>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Andres,
>
>     The vertical grid spacing (delZ, delP, or delR) is set in your
>     data file. You can specific with a *.bin file, i.e delRfile='dz. bin'
>
>     or without a bin file...delR=100*10
>
>     Cheers,
>     Dustin
>

>     On Aug 4, 2014, at 5:43 PM, Andres Fernandez
>     <andres.fernandez at nyu.edu <mailto:andres.fernandez at nyu.edu>> wrote:
>
>>     Dear support,
>>
>>     I get the (PID.TID 0001.0001) *** ERROR *** S/R INI_PARMS: No
>>     value for delZ/delP/delR at k =  16 ....25
>>     I am unsure where to set these initial conditions... or is this
>>     when I build it?
>>
>>     Did I build it incorrectly?
>>
>>     Thank you
>>
>>     *Andres Fernandez*
>>     Undergraduate Chemical Engineering
>>     New York University Abu Dhabi - 2015
>>     Mobile (USA): +1 646 717 2231
>>

>>     *Think before printing. The environment is in our hands

> [...]

Nicolas Grisouard - Postdoctoral Scholar
Stanford School of Earth Sciences
473 via Ortega - room M11
Stanford, CA 94305-4216
Dept. fax: (+1) 650-498-5099