[MITgcm-support] EXF and Calendar Package

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Mon Aug 4 16:26:16 EDT 2014

Hi Andres,

Might be useful to take a look at the MITgcm manual,
http://mitgcm.org/public/r2_manual/latest/
and especially section 3: "Getting started with MITgcm"

For instance, section 3.10.4.1 provides information about the content
of main parameter file "data", with, I think, an answer to your question:
> Line 44,
> delZ=500.,500.,500.,500.,
> This line sets the vertical grid spacing between each z-coordinate line
> in the discrete grid to $ 500\,{\rm m}$ , so that the total model depth
> is $ 2\,{\rm km}$ . The variable delZ is read in the routine INI_PARMS.
> It is copied into the internal model coordinate variable delR which is
> used in routine  ...

Cheers,
Jean-Michel