[MITgcm-support] problems with verification/tutorial_barotropic_gyre

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Wed Oct 30 05:14:58 EDT 2013

Yes, something wrong with topog.box: The model tries to read past the end of the file.

Make sure that your input fields match the total grid size in SIZE.h (Nx = sNx*nSx*nPx and Ny = sNy*nSy*nPy).
Then you have to make sure that you use the approprate "precision" for your input files. If the model expects double precision (readBinaryPrec = 64), a single precision  field will be too small (by a factor of 2).

I would start from a clean (unmodified) experiment and then change one thing at a time.

Martin