[MITgcm-support] Where to set boundary conditions and initial conditions ?

Yuan Lian lian at ashimaresearch.com
Tue Nov 26 15:51:28 EST 2013

Hi,

Could you please be more specific on the questions?

The initial conditions can be either set by reference states such as
tRef and sRef in data file, and/or initial files (binary files) such as
"uVelInitFile" in data file, and/or "PTRACERS_initialFile" in
data.ptracers (if you are investigating passive tracers).

The boundary conditions can be set by rbcs (relaxed boundary conditions)
or obcs (open boundary conditions) packages, depending on the questions
you need to solve.

I think you can get more help if you specify what you are trying to
simulate.

Yuan