[MITgcm-support] problems with write initial files to binary format ?

李志远 oceanlizy at 163.com
Tue Nov 26 06:57:31 EST 2013

     from :<allenson3  ,  oceanlizy at 163.com>
     subject:   problems with write initial files to binary format ?

I prepare my own input data ,  I make them in the matlab format  ,such  as , initial temperature files : "temp.mat", but in my study regions  , there is no data in the inland zone , so there are many " nan" in my "temp.mat" files  . when I write these ".mat" files into ".bin " files  ,I learned from that ,  there must not be any "nan " in the binary files  , so  I want to know ,how I should treat these "nan"  when write into binary files .  I don't know if  I can set the "nan" in the .mat files  to be  some  definite value , I know the open boundayr velocity files, I can set the "nan" to be zero ,then  write all the value into binary file . but ,the temperature file ,salt file , how to deal with the "nan"  ,and write into  binary files  ?

someone can help me ?
with many thanks !!