[MITgcm-support] disabling NETcdf

Neil Patel nigellius at gmail.com
Thu May 23 08:36:39 EDT 2013

Thanks everyone for your help. I ended up using an ifort compiler, which seemed not to need the -D_d=D option so I left it out. However, once I ran mitgcm I got this error message:

exp2/build> ./mitgcmuv > output.txt
./mitgcmuv: error while loading shared libraries: libnetcdff.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I don't where (or if) NETcdf libraries are installed, nor am I interested in using them. I didn't think my opt file had any lines for NETcdf, so I'm puzzled why it's accessing netcdf. To be sure, I added the -disable=mnc keyword to make sure. Here's my optfile:

FC=/opt/intel/bin/ifort
F90C=/opt/intel/bin/ifort
qCC=cc
LINK='/opt/intel/bin/ifort'

DEFINES='-DWORDLENGTH=4'
CPP='cpp -traditional -P'
F90FIXEDFORMAT='-fixed -Tf'
EXTENDED_SRC_FLAG='-132'

NOOPTFLAGS="-O0 -g -m64"
NOOPTFILES=''
MCMODEL='-fPIC'

FFLAGS="$FFLAGS -W0 -WB -convert big_endian -assume byterecl $MCMODEL"

if test "x$IEEE" = x ; then     #- with optimisation:
   FOPTIM='-O3 -align'
    FOPTIM='-O3 -ipo -align'
else
 if test "x$DEVEL" = x ; then  #- no optimisation + IEEE :
   FOPTIM='-O0 -noalign -fp-model precise'
 else
                      #- development/check options:
   FOPTIM='-O0 -noalign -fp-model precise'
   FOPTIM="$FOPTIM -g -check all -fpe0 -traceback -ftrapuv -fp-model except -warn all"
 fi
fi

F90FLAGS=$FFLAGS
F90OPTIM=$FOPTIM
CFLAGS="-O0 $MCMODEL"

INCLUDEDIRS=''
INCLUDES=''
LIBS=''

if [ -n "$MPI_INC_DIR" -a "x$MPI" = xtrue ] ; then
   LIBS="$LIBS -lmpi"
   INCLUDES="$INCLUDES -I$MPI_INC_DIR"
   INCLUDEDIRS="$INCLUDEDIRS $MPI_INC_DIR"
   MPIINCLUDEDIR="$MPI_INC_DIR"
   MPI_HEADER_FILES='mpif.h mpiof.h'
   MPI_HEADER_FILES_INC='./mpi_headers/mpif.h ./mpi_headers/mpiof.h'
fi