[MITgcm-support] restoring toward 3D T/S climatological fields

Olivier Arzel Olivier.Arzel at univ-brest.fr
Wed May 22 09:56:51 EDT 2013

Hi all,
Does anyone know how to relax temperature and salinity toward a 3D
climatology ? I followed the tutorial of Held and Suarez where the
analytical forcing term for temperature is written in
external_forcing.F. However I would like to specify the 3D temperature
and salinity fields from a climatology. Is there a simple way to do
this, such as specifying climatological T/S fields and associated
restoring timescales in the parameter file "data" ? I've seen those
following lines in exf/exf_getforcing.F :
c  |-- exf_getclim (get climatological fields used e.g. for relax.)
c  |   |--- exf_set_climtemp (relax. to 3-D temperature field)
c  |   |--- exf_set_climsalt (relax. to 3-D salinity field)
but I could not find where to prescribe those fields (as well as the
associated restoring timescales).
Thanks in advance,
Olivier

--