[MITgcm-support] Underestimated ETA values for Global Ocean!

Menemenlis, Dimitris (3248) Dimitris.Menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Mar 16 13:29:54 EDT 2013

I don't think you will be able to balance EmPmR with SSS relaxation only.
I think that a better approach would be to adjust rain.
The problem of course is that as you adjust rain, EmPmR will change,
especially if you are using SSS relaxation, because non-linear terms will kick in that affect EmPmR.
So you may have to adjust a second or third time after that, until you are happy that sea level
drift is within reasonable bounds.