[MITgcm-support] changing the MIToceangcm grid size

Neil Patel nigellius at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 16:15:37 EDT 2013

Thanks Martin Losch for your help answering my question Friday. I'm not getting the errors from no initial fields for temperature and salinity anymore, one of the modifications I made I kept making must have created that error. I thought I had checked with a fresh copy, but I must have made a mistake.

Now, I'm trying to create a setup run using tutorial_global_oce_latlon as a starting point. To change my grid size for an MPI run, I changed the parameters in input/data and (dxSpacing & dySpacing to 1 and increased Nx and Ny by 4 in SIZE.h_mpi. I got an error about a problem with bathymetry.bin, I assume it was because the binary input files were made for a 90°x45° grid?

How would I create input files of the correct size? I have a copy of MATLAB, the MITgcm manual mentions gendata.m to create binary files in the right format. I can't find a copy of it. Where should I look? Or should I use something else?

Thanks,

Neil