[MITgcm-support] MPI problems

Neil Patel nigellius at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 11:36:41 EDT 2013

I've successfully compiled and ran mitgcmuv on running on a single processor. With MPI it compiled but when running I have issues. Typing mpirun gets:

terra exp4_test/build> mpirun -np 4 -machinefile mf ./mitgcmuv
MPI: invalid option -machinefile
terra exp4_test/build> mpirun -np 4 mf ./mitgcmuv
MPI: terra: 0xb1f000051008f8c: /bin/sh: line 0: exec: mf: not found
MPI: could not run executable (case #4)
Killed
terra exp4_test/build> mpirun -np 4 ./mitgcmuv
ABNORMAL END: PROGRAM MAIN
ABNORMAL END: PROGRAM MAIN
ABNORMAL END: PROGRAM MAIN
ABNORMAL END: PROGRAM MAIN

Trying different options. Anyone have any clue what the issue might be? I haven't used MPI before and no one else has on this particular machine, so perhaps I'm not using the right calling sequence.

Thanks,

Neil