[MITgcm-support] cpus on land points

Jody Klymak jklymak at uvic.ca
Sun Jul 28 15:59:30 EDT 2013

Hi Jean-Michel,

On Jul 26, 2013, at  9:05 AM, Jean-Michel Campin <jmc at ocean.mit.edu> wrote:

> regarding this point, if you use pkg/exch2 (turned on at compile time only),
> you can specify a list of "blank" tiles.

I hadn't realized exch2 could do this, nor that I could turn curlineargrids to squueze my grid cells into channels.  Both are great!  Though I may have implementation questions when I get around to trying this.

I will say in my defence about "exch2" is that the title of the chapter in the manual "Extended Cubed Sphere Topology" is a bit obscure; in particular I run very local simulations, so anything with "cubed sphere" in the title is ignored.  Suggest renaming the chapter to "Flexible tile exchange topologies" or even less mysterious "Flexible tile exchange layouts"

Thanks a lot,   Jody

--
Jody Klymak
http://web.uvic.ca/~jklymak/