[MITgcm-support] restart from pickup files but change deltaT problem with EXF

Chun-Yan Zhou c.zhou at dundee.ac.uk
Sat Jan 5 15:59:37 EST 2013

First the deltaT in data file is 60s. And get a pickupfile at iter=72000.
I  restart from  pickup files but want to change deltaT=80s.
But there is two different set up for me.
1. set the  Iter0=72000 in the data file.
But, I use EXF applying wind and set date in as 20090101 in the data.cal,
 Will it automatically know which time should load the wind after I change the deltaT?
2. set the Iter0=72000*60/80=54000 in the data file and change the pickup file of iter=72000 into iter=54000.
In this way, it seems there is no worry about the EXF loading problem.

Any suggestions is much appreciated.

Chunyan Zhou
Division of Civil Engineering
School of Engineering, Physics and Mathematics
College of Art, Science and Engineering
Fulton Building,G19
University of Dundee
Dundee, UK DD1 4HN