[MITgcm-support] Ice thickness category diagnostics

Manfredi Manizza mmanizza at ucsd.edu
Thu Feb 7 21:47:21 EST 2013

David,

for the restart problem using MNC you have to mkdir another folder where
to store
the new output and update the new name in data.mnc.

This is what I do and at least this used work to me....

Manfredi

On 02/07/2013 06:32 PM, David Huard wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm doing a run with the MITgcm ocean+ice Arctic configuration driven
> by the GFDL GCM. Things have been pretty easy to set up, and I'd like
> to offer my kudos to the devs.
>
> I couldn't find in the docs how to output the sea ice concentration of
> the different sea ice thickness categories. How would I do that ?
>
> Also, I noticed that using MNC, if timestep is not zero but the output
> directory is empty, as would be the case for a restart, the model just
> hangs there forever without any STDOUT or STDERR files being created.
>
> Finally, I added a noleap option to the calendar package to support
> the GCM calendar. I could send the diff if there is interest.
>
> Cheers,
>
> David Huard, PhD

Dr. Manfredi Manizza
Geosciences Research Division
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
University of California San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive La Jolla, CA 92093-0244
email : mmanizza at ucsd.edu
tel   : +1-858-534-7094
web   : http://bluemoon.ucsd.edu/mmanizza/