[MITgcm-support] Ice thickness category diagnostics

David Huard david.huard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 21:32:55 EST 2013

Hi all,

I'm doing a run with the MITgcm ocean+ice Arctic configuration driven by
the GFDL GCM. Things have been pretty easy to set up, and I'd like to offer
my kudos to the devs.

I couldn't find in the docs how to output the sea ice concentration of the
different sea ice thickness categories. How would I do that ?

Also, I noticed that using MNC, if timestep is not zero but the output
directory is empty, as would be the case for a restart, the model just
hangs there forever without any STDOUT or STDERR files being created.

Finally, I added a noleap option to the calendar package to support the GCM
calendar. I could send the diff if there is interest.

Cheers,

David Huard, PhD