[MITgcm-support] Advice on writing 2-D vertical sections from 3-D model

Jody Klymak jklymak at uvic.ca
Wed Feb 6 17:15:17 EST 2013

Hi All,

Whats the easiest way to save 2-D vertical sections of data from 3-D simulations?

I'm running some 3-D simulations, and I really don't care about saving all the information in the y-direction, but would like to save xz-slices of U,V,W and T (snapshots will be fine).  I didn't see that diagnostics would do that for me out of the box.  Any other suggestions?  I can see that there is WRITE_REC_XZ_RL, so that'll do what I want - is there a good place to call it and specify the save intervals?

Thanks,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak
http://web.uvic.ca/~jklymak/