[MITgcm-support] how to process initial bathymetry input file and write it into a binary file

李志远 oceanlizy at 163.com
Sun Dec 15 08:44:53 EST 2013

From: lizhiyuan <oceanlizy at 163.com>
To: mitgcm-support at mitgcm.org
Subject: error with "tmin,tmax" exceeds allowed range dear all,
    I set up a model according to my research,and run it ,without errors . But when I read the output files,I find that the data is not consistent with my real topography,exactly,in some land points ,there are some datas ,while,in some sea points, no data  . I read the hFacC .001.001.meta file ,I find the grids are not my real  topography ,then I realize when I deal with the topography file input , something goes wrong . I am confirmed that , I make the initial "bathy.mat"(it is my bathymetry data file) in matlab format correctly ,then  I write it in binary format  as follows:
                                                                       fid=fopen('topog.bin','w','b');
                                                                          fwrite(fid,bathy,'float32');
                                                                           fclose(fid);
 my data file: readBinaryPrec=32,
I don't know why it occured such errors ?
by the way  , I want to know how do you deal with your bathymetry input file , and how do you write in into a binary format file ?  can someone share your own processing bathymetry file matlab  program with me ?
 thanks a lot !