[MITgcm-support] format of input files wrong in regional model with open boundary conditions?

Jody Klymak jklymak at uvic.ca
Tue Dec 10 11:59:12 EST 2013

Hi Jonny,

I think you are confused about your SIZE.h.

sNx is how many x grid points to put on each subgrid
nSx is how many subgrids to put on each processor
nPx is how many processors.

I usually always use nSx=1, but maybe you have some reason for having more than one subgrid on each processor?

Anyway, Nx is the product of all three numbers.  nSx*nPx just corresponds to the number of subgrids in the x dimension.

Cheers,   Jody