[MITgcm-support] question

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Tue Apr 23 02:43:03 EDT 2013

Hi Maryam Shiea Ali,

the MITgcm has been used for simulations of Lake Ontario, I think. If you search through the support list, you'll find comment about that. I has also been used for the Dead Sea and small ocean bays such as the Gulf of Eilat and marginal seas. I think that you should be able to use the MITgcm for this. I am not sure if it is the **best** code for lake modelling. I often heard that limnologists prefer bottom terrain following coordinates (just a rumour), which the MITgcm does not support, but I guess it depends on what you want to look at. On problem may be extensive shallow parts of the domain, and the required vertical resolution associated with that?

Martin