[MITgcm-support] freshwater flux in sea ice covered region

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Wed Apr 17 11:46:53 EDT 2013

Zhaomin,

when you run the model (with debugLevel>0, which is the default), there will be file called available_diagnostics.log. There you'll find a lot of information about the available diagnostics (as the name of the file implies).

You probably want the diagnostics
'EXFpreci'
'EXFroff '
'SIatmFW'
'SIempmr' and 'EXFempr' (I am not sure but the difference should be the net freshwater flux between ice and ocean.)
'SIfwSubl'

The thermodynamic growth of sea-ice (which can also be related to a freshwater flux) is
SIdHbOCN+SIdHbATC+SIdHbATO+SIdHbFLO
I think

advection:
ADVxHEFF
ADVyHEFF
ADVxSNOW
ADVySNOW

I know it's confusing, but if you need more detail have a look at seaice_growth.F

Martin