[MITgcm-support] Implimenting TIDAL forcing in momenteum equations

Himansu Pradhan oceancalling at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 07:32:35 EDT 2012

Ya Sir, i wanted to apply the body force everywhere and thus have edited
"model/src/external_forcing.F" .

In "external_forcing.F" i have edited both gU and gV :

         gU(i,j,kLev,bi,bj) = gU(i,j,kLev,bi,bj) + velocity1 * omega1 *
cos(omega1*myTime) + velocity2 * omega2 * cos(omega2 * myTime)

         gV(i,j,kLev,bi,bj) = gV(i,j,kLev,bi,bj)  + velocity1 * coriolis *
sin(omega1 * myTime) + velocity2 * coriolis * sin(omega2 * myTime)

The initial results looks fine to me ..... quite exicited with tht. :)  .
The attached figure "MITeta.jpg" : shows elevation at a certain location .
(any comments)

Now i have to deal with OBCs for the same experiment .

Thanks again for your valuable suggestation.