[MITgcm-support] Implimenting TIDAL forcing in momenteum equations

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Sep 10 03:56:59 EDT 2012

verification/internal_wave/code/obcs_calc.F
shows how to do it for open boundaries. Maybe that's the best place to start.

If you want to apply the body force everywhere, you should go to model/src/external_forcing.F. There you add your contribution to gU and gV (so gU = gU + tidal forcing). The new velocities are later computed from something like U = U + deltaT*gU, so your gU units should be velocity units per time.

M.