[MITgcm-support] Problem using pickup with mnc

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Sep 3 05:36:43 EDT 2012

These messages appear, when the model tries to create files that are already there (the error messages are not the most intuitive ones, I admit). It's coded so that overwriting netcdf files is not allowed.
I do a \rm *.nc in my working directory, before I start a run with netcdf output. Alternatively you can use separate output directories for each run (mnc_use_outdir=.true. in data.mnc).

M.