[MITgcm-support] Questions about "abEps"

Lequan Chi lequanchi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 08:58:40 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm inspecting all parameters in my numeric experiments. And I find a parameter "abEps" in "input/data", which is Adams-Bashforth stabilising factor (from the manual) . Its default value is 0.01, but it is 0.1 in most verifications. I have run two experimental cases, the result shows some difference when "abEps" varies from 0.01 to 0.1. I want to know how to understand its meaning and how to decide which value should be used for "abEps".

Can anyone tell me something about it?

Best regards,

Lequan Chi