[MITgcm-support] Way around ptracers & Orlanski OBCS?

Jessica Spurgin spurginj at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 19:58:29 EDT 2012

Hello there,

 I am trying to use the mitgcm to look at vertical movement of water around
a submarine canyon. My domain is set such that I have closed boundaries to
the east and west (onshore and offshore), and Orlanksi open boundary
conditions to the north & south (in the alongshore). I am using a wind
stress to drive circulation in the alongshore direction of the upper
layer.

 I would also like to apply the ptracers package while using the Orlanski
condition. I know the code is such that these two do not work together. I
was just wondering if anybody has found a way around this, or have an idea
of another way to track movement of certain water properties while using
Orlanski boundaries?

 Thanks so much,

Jessica